May 20, 2019
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates at 7:00pm.
- Roll call by Clerk Connie Duke. All Council members present.
- Mayor asked for public comments, there were none.
- Sheriff Matt Gentry addressed the Council with information regarding The Town having a Township Deputy.
- Approved the minutes of April 15th meeting. Motion by Jimbo Quick, 2nd by Donald Gunter. Passed 6-0.
- Approved the minutes of special meeting on April 29th. Motion by Donald Gunter, 2nd by Don Bates.
- Mayor opened discussion on property purchase. The Town’s offer of $205,000.00 was accepted and paperwork signed with 45 days to close.
- After discussion of down payment and the desire to have land paid for when new Council is seated. Motion for $130,000.00 down payment and a $75,000.00 Bond with half of sales tax revenue going toward payment each month was made. Motion by Jimbo Quick, 2nd by Bud Reed. Passed 6-0.
- Approved May invoices and payroll. Motion by Donald Gunter and 2nd by Bud Reed. Passed 6-0.
- Mayor asked the Council’s thoughts on storm shelters in the future.
- Mayor asked Council’s thoughts on streetlight on the South side of Dollar General entrance. Council asked the Mayor to get information on cost and installation.
- Motion to adjourn by Don Bates and 2nd by Bud Reed.
- Adjourned at 7:31pm
- Next meeting June 17th, 2019.