Minutes of June regular meeting
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates at 7:15 PM on Monday, June 25th.
- Adopted Robert’s Rules of Order for this and future meetings
Motion to appoint Sue Freeman to serve as secretary for this meeting passed without comment
- Proposal to schedule council meetings on the 3rd Monday of each month at 7 PM at the Community Center. Motion by Don Bates, second by Jimbo Quick. Passed unanimously.
- Mayor requested permission to negotiate a long-term rental agreement with the Berlin Community Center for use of the building as a temporary town hall on the Monday of each week. Motion by Don Bates, second by Donald Gunter. Passed unanimously.
- Mayor asked the council for suggestions on banking. Council responded with People’s Bank and Merchants Bank. Mayor will present these and other options at next meeting.
- Mayor recommended the appointment of Heath Meherg as town attorney at a rate of $175 per hour. Mrs. Haynes asked to address the council regarding any possible conflicts of interest. Mr. Meherg confirmed that he does not currently represent any other municipalities. Motion made, second by Don Bates. Passed unanimously.
- Mayor recommended the purchase of a PO Box at the Cullman Post Office for receiving mail at the rate of $214 per year. Motion by Don Bates, second by Donald Gunter. Passed unanimously.
- Mayor requested permission to apply for Federal EIN and additional items as may be necessary to establish banking. Motion by Jimbo Quick, second by Don Bates. Passed unanimously.
- Mayor declared Place 5 of the town council vacant and requested that interested parties appear in person at the next council meeting.
- Mayor discussed the opening for town clerk and requested that interested parties appear in person at the next council meeting.
- Mayor declared that the town is prepared to receive petitions for annexation.
- Mayor asked for a motion to adjourn. Motion made and seconded. Passed unanimously.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council is scheduled for July 16th at 7 PM in the Berlin Community Center.