September 20, 2021
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, September 20, 2021, at 7:05 P.M. at the Berlin Community Center.
- Roll call by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Place # 1 Donald Gunter attended virtually.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. North Alabama Agriplex, Rachel Dawsey spoke about POP Program (Power of Produce) for the Berlin Farmers Market.
- Mayor Patrick Bates requested nominations for Council Place # 2.
- Councilman Don Bates nominated James Sanford. No other nominations were made.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked permission to immediately induct James Sanford to Council Place # 2. Motion by Don Bates, second made by Keith Hardman. Approved 4-0. Roll Call Vote: Mayor Patrick Bates-Yes, Donald Gunter-Yes, Don Bates-Yes, Keith Hardman-Yes. Approved 4-0.
- Councilman Keith Hardman made motion for John Cordar to fill Council Place # 3. No second offered. Motion fell.
- Councilman Place # 2 James Sanford was sworn in by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery.
- Approval of minutes from August 16, 2021, Regular Meeting and September 13, 2021, Special Meeting. Motion to approve by Keith Hardman, second made by Donald Gunter. Approved 5-0.
- Approval of September 2021 invoices. Motion to approve by Keith Hardman, second made by James Sanford. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates announced to Council that the Town has been refunded $4,000.00 for the Handicap Accessibility Project by the RC & D Council.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for a motion to adopt fiscal year 2022 General Fund ($201,700.00), Road Fund ($77,500.00), and Capital Fund ($127,500.00). Motion by Donald Gunter, second made by Don Bates. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates gave road update.
- Motion to adjourn by Donald Gunter, second made by Don Bates. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:29 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be October 18, 2021, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.