November 15, 2021
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, November 15, 2021, at 7:00 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman Donald Gunter.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll call by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. All members present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. Fire Chief Ralph Laney gave an update on the new fire trucks. Champ Crocker spoke seeking election for District Attorney.
- Approval of minutes from October 18, 2021, Regular Meeting. Motion to approve by Councilman James Sanford, second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of November 2021 invoices. Motion to approve by Councilman Donald Gunter, second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 6-0.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to accept the Annexation Petition of Steve Clark. Second made by Councilman Donald Gunter. Mayor Patrick Bates asked for Roll-Call Vote: Mayor Patrick Bates – Abstain, Councilman Donald Gunter – Yes, Councilman James Sanford – Yes, Councilman Tony Duke – Yes, Councilman Don Bates – Abstain, Councilman Keith Hardman – Yes. Approved 4-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates gave road update.
- Council discussed bush hogging and landscaping of town property, tabled until next Regular Meeting.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to adjust Town Hall office hours the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s to Monday-Wednesday, 8AM-4PM to accommodate for the holidays. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 6-0.
- Motion to adjourn by Councilman Donald Gunter, second made by Councilman Don Bates. Approved 6-0.
- Adjourned at 7:57 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be December 20, 2021, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.