July 18, 2022
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, July 18, 2022, at 7:00 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman James Sanford.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll call by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Donald Gunter, not present.
- Approval of minutes from June 20, 2022, Regular Meeting. Motion to approve made by Councilman James Sanford, second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council that the Town of Berlin has been approved to apply for Retirement System of Alabama (RSA). Councilman James Sanford made motion to approve applying for a case study for employees with Retirement System of Alabama (RSA) in the amount of $1,250. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Council discussed FY2023 budgets.
- In other business, Council discussed park and recreation in the town.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of placing an offer on property and to reconvene after. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- ROLL-CALL VOTE: Mayor Patrick Bates- Yes, Councilman Donald Gunter – Absent, Councilman James Sanford – Yes, Councilman Tony Duke – Yes, Councilman Don Bates – Yes, Councilman Keith Hardman – Yes. Approved 5-0.
- 7:31 PM entered executive session.
- 7:46 PM reconvened from executive session.
- Councilman Tony Duke made motion for Mayor Bates to start negotiations with the Berlin Community Center for an easement for an access drive. Second made by Councilman Don Bates. Approved 5-0.
- Motion to adjourn made by Councilman Tony Duke, second made by Councilman Don Bates. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:47 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be August 15, 2022, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.