July 13, 2020
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Bates on Monday, July 13, 2020 at 7:01 P.M.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Bruce Bentley, not present.
- Mayor Bates called for any public comments, there were none.
- Approval of minutes from June 29, 2020 Special Meeting. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Bud Reed. Approved 5-0.
- Approval of July invoices. Motion by Don Bates, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor informed Council that the Cullman Electric Cooperative will be at the Berlin Farmers Market on July 15 from 11AM-1PM to promote Sprout Fiber in the Berlin area.
- Mayor confirmed that the Berlin Farmers Market will start accepting SNAP on Monday, July 20.
- Mayor informed Council that Pepsi donated 2 banners to be used as temporary signs for the Farmers Market.
- Council discussed looking at different designs for the Town Hall steps and accessibility that will cut costs.
- Council made motion to surplus the Towns’ old Brother MFC-L2685DW printer due to damage.
- Council approved $2,000 for various supplies needed at the Town Hall including hands-free dispensers, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes from the state bid list in response to COVID-19.
- Council discussed getting quotes to have the Berlin Community Center cleaned before meetings due to COVID-19.
- In Other Business, Council discussed USPS not delivering mail due to road conditions on County Road 1600. Mayor Bates will request the County to review the road.
- Motion to adjourn by Don Bates, second by Bud Reed. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:15PM.
- The next Regular Meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be July 27, 2020 at the Berlin Town Hall at 7PM.