July 27, 2020
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Bates on Monday, July 27, 2020 at 7:05 P.M.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Bruce Bentley, not present.
- Mayor Bates called for any public comments, there were none.
- Approval of minutes from July 13, 2020 Regular Meeting. Motion to approve by Jimbo Quick, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 5-0.
- Approval of July invoices. Motion by Don Bates, second by Bud Reed. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Bates presented Resolutions No.: 2020-005 OPERATION OF SNAP AND RELATED BANK ACCOUNT FOR FARMERS MARKET. Motion to approve by Don Bates, second by Jimbo Quick. Approved 5-0.
- Council discussed lowering Farmers Market fee to encourage Growers to participate. Council made motion to lower Farmers Market fee to $100 for remainder of season and $10 per day. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Bud Reed. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Bates informed Council all Candidates were unopposed.
- Mayor Bates presented Resolution No.: 2020-006 MAYOR ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSTITION, Resolutions No.: 2020-007 COUNCILMEMBER PLACE 1 ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION, Resolutions No.: 2020-008 COUNCILMEMBER PLACE 2 ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION, Resolutions No.: 2020-009 COUNCILMEMBER PLACE 3 ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION, Resolutions No.: 2020-010 COUNCILMEMBER PLACE 4 ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION, Resolutions No.: 2020-011 COUNCILMEMBER PLACE 5 ELECTED WITHOUT OPPOSITION. Motion to approve all Resolutions made by Donald Gunter, second by Jimbo Quick. Approved 5-0.
- Council discussed quotes for the cleaning and disinfecting of the Town Hall and Community Center. Motion to hire Wisner Solutions in the amount of $175 per treatment made by Jimbo Quick, second by Bud Reed.
- Council discussed installing a streetlight at the intersection of U.S. Highway 278 and County Road 728 as well as adding a streetlight to Farmers Market location. Motion by Donald Gunter, second by Don Bates. Approved 5-0.
- Councilman Jimbo Quick recommended referring road work on County Road 1600 to subcontractors to complete road work faster.
- Councilman Bud Reed announced his resignation from Councilmember Place 5 due to health-related reasons.
- Mayor Bates declared Councilmember Place 5 vacant. Council tabled filling seat until next meeting.
- Motion to adjourn by Jimbo Quick, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:31PM.
- The next Regular Meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be August 17, 2020 at the Berlin Town Hall at 7PM.