March 15, 2021
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, March 15, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. All members present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments, there were none.
- Mayor Patrick Bates announced to Council that Representative Randall Shedd and State Senator Garlan Gudger has secured $100,000 in grant funds to resurface County Road 1600.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council that he has submitted the Town’s application for a hazard mitigation grant which would provide $93,000 towards a community storm shelter. The Town of Berlin will be responsible for approximately $31,000 in additional funds to complete the storm shelter.
- Council discussed Farmers Market dates and times for 2021 as well as Town Hall business hours. Motion to set Farmers Market dates and hours to April.19, 2021 – October 30, 2020, Monday – 3PM-6PM, Wednesday – 3PM-6PM, and Saturday 7AM-12PM and Town Hall hours effective April.19, 2021 to be Monday – 11AM-7PM, Wednesday – 11AM–7PM, and Saturday 7AM–3PM made by Jimbo Quick, second by Keith Hardman. Approved 6-0.
- Council was presented with quotes for the Town Hall sign. Motion to hire Creative Signs for the amount of $550.00 made by Keith Hardman, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates announced that the Town Hall steps and accessibility project has started with thanks to Alabama’s Mountain, Rivers, & Valley’s RC&D Council for a $4,000 grant that they provided for the project.
- Approval of minutes from February 22, 2021 Regular Meeting. Motion to approve by Keith Hardman, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of March invoices. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- In other Business, Council approved $15/monthly for 2 garbage cans to be provided by Cullman Sanitation for the Farmers Market location. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Jimbo Quick. Approved 6-0.
- Motion to adjourn by Donald Gunter, second by Keith Hardman. Approved 6-0.
- Adjourned at 7:38 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be April 19, 2021 at the Berlin Community Center at 7PM.