July 19, 2021
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, July 19, 2021, at 7:00 P.M.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. All members present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments, Johnathan Haynes with North Alabama Cyber Institute spoke to Council about cyber security.
- Approval of minutes from May 24, 2021 Special Meeting and June 21, 2021 Regular Meeting. Motion to approve by Jimbo Quick, second made by Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of July invoices. Motion to approve by Don Bates, second made by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Council discussed 2018-2020 fiscal year audits. Motion to approve 2018-2020 fiscal year audits as presented by Larry G. Cooke, CPA, LLC made by Donald Gunter, second made by Don Bates. Approved 6-0.
- Council discussed drainage issues at County Road 747 & 278.
- Council discussed damage to the Signal Sensor Loop at the intersection of County Road 747 & Alabama Highway 278. Motion to convert to Optical Sensor in the amount of $8,000.00 made by Keith Hardman, second made by Jimbo Quick. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of $10.00/monthly increase for QuickBooks Online subscription made by Keith Hardman, second made by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Council approved cancelation of Spectrum internet service at Town Hall. Motion by Bruce Bentley, second made by Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council the Town of Berlin has received $54,620.90 in American Rescue Plan funds to date.
- Motion to adjourn by Jimbo Quick, second made by Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Adjourned at 7:24 PM.
The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be August 16, 2021 at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.