August 16, 2021
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, August 16, 2021, at 7:00 P.M at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Roll call by Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. All members present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. Mayor Patrick Bates gave an update for County Road 1600 road project.
- Approval of minutes from July 19, 2021, Regular Meeting. Motion to approve by Donald Gunter, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of August 2021 invoices. Motion to approve by Don Bates, second by Keith Hardman. Approved 6-0.
- Council discussed second entry steps at the Berlin Town Hall. Motion to purchase steps & railing for second entry at Berlin Town Hall in the amount not to exceed $500 made by Keith Hardman, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council that the 2020 Census results report there are 476 residents and 206 housing units within the Town of Berlin.
- Mayor Patrick Bates provided proposed budget for fiscal year 2022 to Council.
- Mayor Patrick Bates informed Council that the state has released the funds to start resurfacing of County Roads 1600, 1615, 1625, & 1626 as well as reclaim portions of County Roads 1612, & 1614.
- Council discussed 2022 Rebuild Alabama project. Motion to use 2022 Rebuild Alabama funds to resurface County Roads 1612, 1614, 1623, & 1624 as funds allow made by Keith Hardman, second by Bruce Bentley. Approved 6-0.
- Approval of 2021 AAMCA Winter Conference for Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery in the amount not to exceed $1,000.00. Motion by Keith Hardman, second by Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates discussed using $100,000.00 of American Rescue Funds to expand availability of Sprout Fiber network to the Walker Heights subdivision.
- Other Business, Berlin Fire Chief Ralph Laney reported the Berlin Fire Department is expecting delivery of 2 new fire trucks by the end of October.
- Motion to adjourn by Donald Gunter, second made by Don Bates. Approved 6-0.
- Adjourned at 7:28 PM.
- The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be September 20, 2021, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.