January 16, 2023
The Town Council of the Town of Berlin met in regular session on this date and time following publication and posting pursuant to Alabama law.
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, January 16, 2023, at 7:00 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman James Sanford.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll call by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Donald Gunter, not present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. There were none.
- Approval of minutes from December 19, 2022, Regular Meeting & January 3, 2023, Special Meeting. Motion to approve made by Councilman James Sanford. Second made by Councilman Keith Hardman. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates presented FY2022 audit.
- Council discussed FEMA grant for community storm shelter. Councilman James Sanford made motion to request proposals for community storm shelter. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates presented RESOLUTION NO. 2023-001 A TAX SHELTER RESOLUTION. Councilman James Sanford made motion to approve RESOLUTION NO. 2023-001 A TAX SHELTER RESOLUTION. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Council discussed ORDINANCE NO. 2023-001 AN ORDINANCE ANNEXING TERRITORY INTO THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE TOWN OF BERLIN, ALABAMA PURSUANT TO THE PROVISIONS OF 11-42-21, CODE OF ALABAMA 1975. Tabled until next Regular Meeting due to having no quorum.
- Councilman Keith Hardman made motion to have security light installed at Town Hall. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Motion to adjourn made by Councilman Keith Hardman. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:27 PM.
The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be February 20, 2023, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.