RESOLUTION NO. 2023-003
A RESOLUTION TO REDUCE THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE TOWN OF BERLIN, ALABAMA, AND THE BOUNDARIES THEREOF REESTABLISHED
WHEREAS, Amy McGriff Cordar has filed a petition with the Town Council of the Town of Berlin requesting de-annexation of the small portion of property as described in the attached legal description and shown on the map, a copy of which is marked as Exhibit A, attached to and incorporated into this Resolution Number 2023-003 as though written fully therein; and
WHEREAS, the Mayor and Council agree it is in the best public interest to grant Amy McGriff Cordar request determining that the property located at 0 County Road 1614 and 479 County Road 1614 which is located in the corporate limits of the Town of Berlin, Alabama of no benefit to the Town.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF BERLIN, ALABAMA, AS FOLLOWS:
- This action is taken pursuant to the authority set forth in Title 11-42-200, et. seq., Code of Alabama, 1975; and
- That petition signed by Amy McGriff Cordar; and
- The Town Council of the Town of Berlin, Alabama, has determined and decided that the public good requires that the request of Amy McGriff Cordar is due to be granted; and
- That the legal description of the property to be de-annexed is described as follows:
More particularly described as:
PARCEL NO.: 16-02-09-0-001-024.000
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: BEG 105 N OF SW COR SE1/4 NE1/4, TH NE 881, S 278, E 510(S), N 105, W 300, N 840, W 270, SW 210, W 210 TO C/L CO RD 1614 (VACATED), TH SW’LY 970(S) ALG VACATED PORTION OF ROW TO POB. S9, T10S, R2W.
PARCEL NO.: 16-02-09-0-001-024.001
LEGAL DESCRIPTION: 1 AC- BEG 560 W OF NE COR SE1/4 NE1/4, TH SW 210, W 210 TO C/L OF VACATED PORTION OF CO RD 1614, NE 210 ALG VACATED ROW, TH E 210 TO POB. S9, T10S, R2W.
- The property owned by Amy McGriff Cordar located in the Town of Berlin, Cullman County, Alabama, more particularly described above is hereby de-annexed from the corporate town limits of the Town of Berlin, Alabama.
- The corporate limits of the Town of Berlin, Alabama, are hereby reduced so as to exclude the territory described above and the boundaries of the Town are hereby re-established accordingly.
- That pursuant to Section 11-42-201 of the Code of Alabama, 1975, the Clerk shall certify a copy of such Resolution, together with a plat or map correctly defining the corporate limits proposed to be established and the names of all qualified electors residing in the territory proposed to be excluded from the area of such corporation and file the same with the Judge of Probate of Cullman County.
DONE, ORDERED, APPROVED and ADOPTED this the 20th day of February, 2023.