August 21, 2023
The Town Council of the Town of Berlin met in Regular Session on this date and time following publication and posting pursuant to Alabama law.
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, August 21, 2023, at 7:00 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman Donald Gunter.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll Call – Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery
- Mayor – Patrick E. Bates – Present
- Council Member Place # 1 – Donald Gunter – Present
- Council Member Place # 2 – James Sanford – Present
- Council Member Place # 3 – Tony Duke – Present
- Council Member Place # 4 – Eudon Bates – Present
- Council Member Place # 5 – Keith Hardman – Present
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. There were none.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to approve Minutes from July 17, 2023, Regular Meeting and August 11, 2023, Special Meeting. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 6-0.
- Councilman Keith Hardman made motion to approve FY2024 Budget in the amounts of, General Fund: $312,450.00, Road Fund: $50,000.00, Capital Fund: $700,000. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 6-0.
- Council discussed Community Storm Shelter and Park & Recreation.
- In other Business, Councilman Tony Duke made motion to approve appropriation of $6,000 to the Berlin Volunteer Fire Department for the purchase of extrication equipment. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 6-0.
- Motion to adjourn made by Councilman Don Bates. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 6-0.
- The Town Council of the Town of Berlin adjourned at 7:16 PM. The next Regular Meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be September 18, 2023, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.