MINUTES OF A REGULAR MEETING OF THE
TOWN COUNCIL OF THE TOWN OF BERLIN, ALABAMA
HELD MONDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2023
The Town Council of the Town of Berlin met in Regular Session on this date and time following publication and posting pursuant to Alabama law.
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, October 16, 2023, at 7:00 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman Donald Gunter.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll Call – Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery
- Mayor – Patrick E. Bates – Present
- Council Member Place # 1 – Donald Gunter – Present
- Council Member Place # 2 – James Sanford – Present
- Council Member Place # 3 – Tony Duke – Present
- Council Member Place # 4 – Eudon Bates – Present
- Council Member Place # 5 – Keith Hardman – Present
- Public Comments – Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. There were none.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to approve Minutes from September 18, 2023, Regular Meeting. Second made by Councilman Keith Hardman. Approved 6-0.
- Mayor Patrick Bates gave update from Preconstruction Meeting held with Aqua Marine Enterprises, LLC at 6:00pm at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Councilman James Sandford made motion to approve appropriation of supplies in the amount not to exceed $325 to the Berlin Fire Departments’ Pancake Breakfast. Second made by Councilman Donald Gunter. Approved 6-0.
- Council discussed County Roads 1600, 1612, and 1614. Councilman James Sandford made motion to set speed limit of 25mph on County Road 1600 and to authorize Mayor Patrick Bates to receive quotes for road work on County Road 1612 and 1614. Second made by Councilman Keith Hardman. Approved 6-0.
- In Other Business, Mayor Patrick Bates recognized Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery for graduating from the University of Alabama as a Certified Municipal Revenue Officer. Councilman Tony Duke made motion to approve a one-time pay adjustment in the amount of $2,500 to Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery to be paid December 1, 2023. Second made by Councilman Don Bates. Approved 6-0.
- Motion to adjourn made by Councilman James Sanford. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 6-0.
The Town Council of the Town of Berlin adjourned at 7:17 PM. The next Regular Meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be November 20, 2023, held at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.