November 21, 2022
The Town Council of the Town of Berlin met in regular session on this date and time following publication and posting pursuant to Alabama law.
- Meeting called to order by Mayor Patrick Bates on Monday, November 21, 2022, at 7:01 P.M. at the Berlin Town Hall.
- Invocation – Councilman James Sanford.
- Pledge of Allegiance – Mayor Patrick Bates.
- Roll call by Town Clerk Keirstyn Montgomery. Councilman Donald Gunter, not present.
- Mayor Patrick Bates asked for public comments. Newly elected Cullman County Commissioner Kelly Duke introduced himself to Council.
- Approval of minutes from October 17, 2022, Regular Meeting. Motion to approve made by Councilman James Sanford. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Town of Berlin Auditor Jeremy Jefferys with Cooper Hill & Lecroix presented Town of Berlin FY2021 Audit.
- Council discussed FY2023 Rebuild Alabama. Councilman Tony Duke made motion to resubmit for Mt. Carmel Road & County Road 1615. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 5-0.
- Council discussed grant for FY2023 from E9-1-1 in the amount of $136.00.
- Council discussed bid for bush hogging and mowing of town property.
- Council discussed FY2023 events and opening & closing day of 2023 farmers market season.
- Councilman James Sanford made motion to increase town clerks’ salary by 5% effective the December pay period. Second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Councilman Tony Duke made motion to pay the clerk a onetime pay adjustment in the amount of $300 to be paid in December. Second made by Councilman James Sanford. Approved 5-0.
- Motion to adjourn made by Councilman James Sanford, second made by Councilman Tony Duke. Approved 5-0.
- Adjourned at 7:30 PM.
The next meeting of the Berlin Town Council will be December 19, 2022, at the Berlin Town Hall at 7:00 PM.